October is my favorite month for a number of reasons: I was born during it, it’s the time of year when cosplay enjoys the broadest degree of social acceptance, it’s the month that I published Orconomics: A Satire, and it falls into easy wordplay with the word “Orc.” (It should be clear by now that horrible Orc puns are part of my schtick.)
For those last two reasons, I’m hearby announcing Orctoberfest on this first full week of Orctober. I’m running some promotions and kicking off new initiatives and doing fun stuff all month. Stuff that a cool person like you should probably be a part of.
What makes Orctoberfest so special? I’m glad I pretended you asked. Here’s just a few of the reasons to love Orctober:
- For the entire month, Orconomics: A Satire will be on sale for just $0.99.
- Orconomics is also newly enrolled in Kindle Match. That means when you buy the physical book on Amazon, you can get the Kindle version for free.
- Speaking of free ebooks, you’ll now get “The Cabal of Thotash” for absolutely nothing when you join my email list.
- Speaking of my email list, subscribers will get an advance copy of “Death and Taxes,” my next urban fantasy novelette. “Death and Taxes” will be a free story starring the incorrigible Detective Lafont as he begrudgingly battles forces beyond the ken of mortal man. It will be available for anyone to download a few weeks after my subscribers get it.
- Orc themed blog-posts!
- And just because I’ve had a hard cider that’s gone straight to my head, if I sell 1,000 books this month I’ll go to my day job dressed as an Orc and post photos of it all over social media.
I published my first full-length novel last Orctober, and it’s been an amazing year since. I’m celebrating good times with great readers this month, and I hope you’ll join me. Even better times are to come.